We are family owned and operated. We welcome you to our home. Come relax and rejuvenate to get ready for the world.
We are located just three minutes from Hearst Castle on the ocean side of Highway 1 with excellent beach access.
Enjoy our lovely indoor heated pool and other amenities. We also have beach access from the hotel. All rooms include satelite TV, HBO, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Some rooms have wireless broadband.
Our reasonably priced, affordable rooms are spacious with both adjoining rooms and family units available.
Changing hands at The Sands By The Sea,
For many years Yun and Tino have ran this family owned business with their hearts on their sleeve. Many customers became friends and family. Yun and Tino want to thank these folks for their patronage to The Sands. They will be missed due to them retiring from The Sands. The Cavalier Oceanfront Resort, also a family ran business, welcomes you and will be keeping The Sands a great way to enjoy San Simeon, family, and friends.
Yun and Tino
- South of San Simeon on Highway 1 is the charming town of Cambria, California, "where the pines meet the sea". This lovely village boasts of its artists' colony and supports an impressive selection of fine restaurants, speciality shops and art galleries. Towering Monterey pines frame the dynamic coastline along its unique Moonstone Beach Drive where semi-precious agate and jasper stones can be found along in the sand.
- Big Sur
- This visitor's guide to the Big Sur region of California's central coast contains information on driving, lodging, camping, restaurants, scenic vistas, and other activities, facilities, and services available in the area. I have tried to emphasize in these pages information that would be most important and useful for visitors to have in hand well before arrival in the Big Sur region.
- Elephant Seals
- The elephant seal colony at Piedras Blancas is currently 7,500 strong and is a rich educational opportunity for young and old alike. The vista point has a number of excellent educational and interpretive signs and trained docents are on hand to answer your questions. Look for these docents in their blue jackets when you visit.
- Welcome to Paso Robles, California’s distinct, different wine country. Set apart by unique climate and geography, Paso Robles Wine Country provides prime growing conditions for more than 40 varietals planted over 26,000 acres of vineyards. More than 170 wineries craft this fruit into premium wines, gaining recognition around the world.
- Piedras Blancas
- Unlike the Atlantic Seaboard, few tall, classic lighthouse towers were built on the Pacifc Coast, since the high bluffs along much of its extent provide the necessary height for a focal plane. Piedras Blancas, Pigeon Point, and the original tower at Point Arena, were the only tall, seacoast lighthouses built in California.